Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Task at Hand




















This morning as I was reading through my blog newsfeed, I was completely blown away by the creativity of this blog: http://thepleasuresofhomemaking.blogspot.com/ I wanted to immediately jump right back into creative projects. Then I remembered that my house is currently bursting at the seams. In 2002, we voluntarily and happily downsized into a house 1/2 the size of what we were living in. It took a lot of purging to fit into our little bungalow, but it felt wonderful and cozy. Eight years later, we find ourselves overrun by a clutter of books (which we dearly love but for which we have no space), papers that need a home, and clothes worn or outgrown. My task at hand for the present remains to be that of eliminating whatever is not beautiful, useful, or practical. I am sure much would be gained if I applied the same principles of elimination to things which fill up my "spare" time. We are a home that thrives on organization, order, and cleanliness, and I'm afraid that when my health was suffering that those three things were greatly lacking. Once I regain those things, I am certain that creativity and inspiration will once again flow happily and freely. Please do visit the blog linked above; it's a wonderful site!

No comments: