Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Friendly Village


Yesterday morning had somewhat of a rough start for me. As I was making omelets, I dropped and broke one of my bowls from my favorite dish pattern and spilled raw eggs all over my freshly mopped floor and on the dog that hates baths the most. (That was just the beginning of a series of mishaps yesterday, but the day ended well.) I love those dishes because they remind me of my grandmothers blue Currier & Ives dishes. I loved eating off those plates as a child because my mind wandered to imaginings of the places pictured. It always seemed so warm & cozy. I use these dishes from Epiphany until the first day of Spring, as they always warm my heart when I see them. I suppose I'll be visiting www.replacements.com or www.ebay.com soon to replace my beloved bowl. Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I have those dishes too! I always have them out from Thanksgiving to spring. I purchased most of mine at TJ Maxx and Homegoods - much cheaper than Replacements!

Lucky you find two Julia McNair Wrights book! I've had that one pictured for a long time - I can't even remember where I got it from!

Thanks for dropping by!

Manuela

CallaLilly said...

I found replacements for my broken pieces pretty cheaply at ebay. The set was Christmas for me years ago. Since then, I've fallen in love with transferware :)