Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mental Stuggles

There comes a time in nearly everyone's life when they must wrestle with their emotions. Sometimes those internal struggles spill over into the external world and morph into squabbles with others. In some cases, it can seem as though you're having an out of body type experience and as you watch your interactions with others play out before you, you are left to wonder, "Who IS that person who's being so cranky?" In all honesty (which may be a bit too much honesty for some readers), I am having a lovely hormonal imbalance for the first time since my hysterectomy this past fall. This has been growing steadily for the past month, and now it is to the point that I MUST do something about it. I am desperately hoping for an appointment with my doctor tomorrow (my family is also eager for me to see the doctor lol), but in the meantime, how am I handling this difficult time?
  • Prayer, prayer, and more prayer
  • Talking back to my inner self and reminding myself that this is just hormones and things aren't really as bad as they seem
  • A certain amount of isolation---sometimes it's better to just be alone & quiet
  • Peaceful atmosphere....clean room, books, hot tea, beautiful music....things that relax
  • Recalling to mind Scriptures memorized
All these things help my moods tremendously and bring calm back into my life. Of course, the headaches, the tiredness, and mental fog (which can become dangerous) scream that I need a hormone adjustment as well; and those things on top of the mood swings are quiet bothersome....

Hopefully, soon the crazy lady will leave me, and I will be able to return to my self again. :)

No comments: