Monday, April 20, 2020

Communism...coming to a country near you!



This morning a disturbing bit of news came up on my Facebook feed, disturbing enough to cause me to start prepping my account for deletion. Here is a link to the article detailing the removal of posts related to protests over quarantine/stay at home orders that are excessive. Now, honestly, I do not care what your position is on anything as I do not mind having a difference of opinion on issues because it does not affect my feelings towards you (well, not much anyway.) But to silence someone's right to express that opinion or protest, whatever the issue, is crossing over into the Nanny State. Facebook has long censured its subscribers with its clever algorithms by making certain posts hard to find. Any small business owner with a Facebook page has known this for a long time, as no one will see your posts unless your fans "like" a lot of your posts or you pay Facebook advertising money. As I see it, there is only one way to stop this tyranny...download all your photos into a zip file (it was easy and took less than 5 minutes), gather your friends contact information, then hit that deactivation button (found in setting and your Facebook information.) Is it painful? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes! You might even find out your neighbors' names as a result.  

No comments: