Friday, August 05, 2005

A Wrinkle in My Day?

In the Good Ol' Summertime Posted by Picasa


Yesterday, I decided to catch up on ironing as it had begun to pile up since vacation. Ironing almost always calls out for an old movie, so I pulled out one of my all-time favorites, In the Good Ol' Summertime with Judy Garland and Van Johnson. It's amazing to me how age (and one hopes wisdom) enables me to view these wonderful old films with new eyes. Now, as I watch these movies or old TV shows, I can see how Hollywood, even in the 1940's was promoting feminism and sowing seeds of discord in the home. Blessedly, my own dear daughter is able to quickly pick up on some of these subtleties that escaped me in my own romantic youth. I should no longer be surprised at finding the lies of feminism being hidden in the movies of yesteryear. After hearing Jennie Chancey's talk from Vision Forum's Father-Daughter retreat this year, I realize that what Satan offered Eve in the garden of Eden was feminism. There is nothing new that he offers us now, just different packaging. Don't buy into his lies.

No comments: