Sunday, March 22, 2015

Birds Sing in Hope While it is Yet Dark

I have always hated waking up while it is still dark outside; nothing seems as cold, lonely, and empty as the darkness of that time of day for me.  Adulthood, however, commands that I need to be both awake and up in those early hours.  This morning as I awoke in the shadows before the dawn of this stormy day, I opened the back door for the dogs to go out and was immediately taken aback by the loud chorus of birds singing merrily while it was still very dark.  I was immediately humbled at the thought that these simple birds had more faith than I.  Birds, having no real concept of time to my knowledge or any cognitive understanding, still praise God in the darkness in anticipation of the light to come.  What about you?  Is your way dark?  Do you find yourself in a situation that seems hopeless?  If you belong to Christ but your current circumstances seem bleak, take comfort in this:
 
 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(Romans 8:38-39 ESV)
 
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that you or I or anyone else can do that can separate us from the love of God. 
 
 
 


No comments: