Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Make Your Own Dusting Cloths














Want your furniture to shine every time you dust but don't want the expense or time it takes to polish?  I recently discovered how to make your own oiled dusting cloths.  Here's what you need:

  • 1/4 cup of lemon oil
  • 2 cups of hot water
  • soft, reusable cloths (I used handiwipes so that they didn't get mixed in with other cloths)



Mix lemon water and hot water in a bucket and soak cloths (4 or so at a time) for 10 minutes.  Wring out and hang to dry.  When cloths are dry, store in an airtight container.  Doesn't that smell lovely?  Dust away! :)  When cloths are dirty, simply wash and reoil.  I was able to use a whole package (36) of handiwipes in the one recipe, so I'll be dusting for awhile before I have to reoil any cloths. :)

2 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

This is a wonderful idea. I always like to keep homemade recipes like this is my binder. Keeps me from having to depend on the manufacturers when I can make the very same product myself.

CallaLilly said...

When it came time to dust...I wasn't too happy with the results. I wound up spraying the cloths with endust...:(