Thursday, September 17, 2009

Absolute Sovereignty

I have become somewhat of a hermit blogger lately. I haven't posted, and I haven't been reading the posts of others. My mind has been too preoccupied. Last month I had minor surgery which caused me to develop pneumonia. It was also determined at that time that another surgery would be necessary; one with a much longer recovery period. I have been spending a good bit of time preparing physically and mentally for being laid up for awhile, so my need to blog had been put on the back burner. Today, I find myself needing to write in order to bring to the forefront some of my fears. I'm one of those people who worries without even realizing it. Everyone seems to know it but me. There's the obvious fear that I'll die, but that's not a fear of death as much as it is being concerned that the world (family & friends) can't survive without me....how silly is that?! I think that's at the heart of it all. I underestimate others' abilities to cope or handle situations without my aid. I need to let go of this idea of control; control which I have never really had. It's time to let God be sovereign over all things, even my kitchen and laundry.

No comments: