Tuesday, July 11, 2006

July is officially a fat month for my family. In it, we have two birthdays and a wedding anniversary. These events are accompanied by celebratory foods and added weight to our bodies. This year I reached the birthday milestone where I should now know the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything (please refer to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for my age).

What I can tell you (for those of you who have not reached this magnificent age) is that life is like a roller coaster hill. Once you finally get to a place in your life where you feel like you "have a grip on life" and can see clearly (usually your 30's), you look ahead and see that things will very soon begin to go downhill rapidly and you no longer "have a gripe on life."

I am at an age where I should be more organized than I am, because I know better. Long ago, I described my age as young enough to get away with it, but old enough to know better. Now, I just know better. So, with this in mind, I will try regain my "grip" and focus on organization in my life before this coaster starts to go any faster. :)
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: