Monday, April 17, 2006

Can You Tell the Difference?




Lately, my husband and I have been very disturbed about the state of today's Christian youth, particularly the homeschool crowd. What disturbs us is that some of our daughter's non-Christian friends behave better than most of her Christian, homeschool friends. Many homeschoolers today are rude, disrespectful, angry, immodest, complaining, apathetic about the faith,...I could go on with quite a long list. I'm not saying our daughter is perfect, but I would be mortified to hear that she displayed any of these characteristics. These are young people who have had the most exposure to the things of God and have supposedly been brought up in the faith. Then, there is my daughter's e-mail friend in Rwanda who has so little and suffered so much, and yet, her faith is so refreshingly vibrant and ever blossoming. We, who are Christian parents in America, have much to answer for before God. We are failing. It is time to wake-up. I will be mulling this over in my brain for quite some time. In the meantime, watch and pray. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

CallaLilly said...

I agree that Christians fail today in praying for and with their children, but I also feel that it is much deeper than that. I believe we live our lives as practical atheists: we say we believe in God, but we don't live it. We have God in a box on a shelf. Thanks for your post. :)