Saturday, December 17, 2005

Icing Problem Solved!




My family has a wonderful Red Velvet Cake recipe that has the most scrumptious icing. The last few years, I have had trouble with my icing's texture being rubbery in spots, so I decided to venture off on my own and try some new recipes. I finally decided to use one I found from Country Living magazine. It turned out wonderful. I highly recommend it. Here it is:

1/4 Cup, plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
2 Cups whole (I used 2%) milk
2 Cups unsalted butter, softened
2 Cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


In a medium saucepan, whisk (important step) the flour and milk together until smooth. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thick -- about 5+ minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature and set aside. In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar until light. Add the vanilla, reduce mixer speed to medium, and slowly (important step) add the cooled milk mixture. Beat for 1 more minute.

Enjoy! Posted by Picasa

No comments: