Monday, October 31, 2005

Help for the Overwhelmed

Does your life seem like a never ending "to do" list? Do you feel like you're exceptionally busy, but you're still not getting anywhere? Perhaps it's time to re-evaluate what you are doing. As this week begins, I find myself asking whether or not what I have planned for the week has any Kingdom relevance. Yes, yes, taking care of the family and home does have Kingdom relevance, but I find that when I am overwhelmed and harried, the things that I do become worldly relevant rather than Kingdom relevant. I lose my focus & sight of the main goal. Am I doing what God requires? Am I walking humbly with God? (Micah 6:8) I find that often I am running circles around God in a panic to get things done. Suddenly, the sacrificial life that I seek to lead before God turns into my sacrifice of God and family for the sake of a "to do" list. So, as I begin this week and this day, I ask myself, "Why am I doing this, how can I glorify God through this, or is this what God wants me to do right now?" Slow down. Pray & think. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

DonnaB said...

That's a good way to filter our priorities.